This blog has been a long time coming and, in fact, was a life goal of its own!
The idea was born in 2012, and I’ve been on quite a journey since then to get me to this point! I’ve lived in 6 different towns/cities, 9 different apartments, and have since visited over 30 countries. I’ve faced heartbreaks and setbacks. I’ve felt fear, doubt, and insecurity. I’ve experienced love, support, and sheer joy. All of those experiences culminated in just the right amounts of courage, enthusiasm, curiosity, confidence, and apathy to get me here – creating this blog.
My hope is that this blog is not just totally self-serving, but that it inspires and encourages you. I hope you find things that make you laugh, or that make you feel a little less alone. I hope it helps you to think about your own passions and visualize your deepest dreams, and that it guides you along your own journey of creating the life you’ve maybe never even dared to imagine.
I hope somehow I’ll find a way to make a positive difference– to give back to this world that I love in the most complicated and sincere way.
Some random facts about me:
- I started my Ultimate To-Do List when I was 14. It keeps growing, but is the same list I started then!
- I love cozy sweaters, peanut butter, red wine, the color orange, and the smells of freshly mowed grass and books.
- I am habitually late to everything and I tend to use laundry as bedroom decor.
- Meeting new people is one of my favorite things to do, along with dancing, singing, and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- I grew up in a suburb in Upstate New York. I remember it as a smaller town than it actually is. (You know that scene in Beauty and the Beast, where Belle is spinning around in a field, singing “There must be more than this provincial life…”? That’s how I picture my childhood.)
- Bloomability, by Sharon Creech was my inspiration to start traveling. At 14 I even emailed the headmaster of the boarding school in the book to try to see if I could attend. (I was unsuccessful, but the headmaster was very kind!)
I would love to hear from you! Send me your questions, your suggestions, one of your life goals, your stories. You can reach me HERE!